Snelling of Huntsville has a well-established Huntsville client in need of candidates for a Lead Technical Proposal Writer role.
This is a full-time, direct hire opportunity. Salary is $75,000-$125,000, depending on experience.
The ideal candidate must be an organized, a highly skilled professional, knowledgeable in monitoring processes with excellent leadership and collaboration skills, as well as possessing the ability to multi-task exceptionally well in a fast-paced environment.
- Extract government requirements and develop competitive solutions for assigned opportunities.
- Create, edit, and finalize technical, managerial, and related content for written proposals and RFI’s.
- Write proposal content templates (Executive Summary, Past Performance Descriptions, Team Profiles, etc.) ensuring that differentiation and key win themes are effectively highlighted.
- Copy/edit proposal content-including reviewing for compliance, completeness, and credibility. Ensuring positive tone, consistent voice, and professional presentation of responses.
- Create compliant and complete proposal outlines, matrices/checklists and templates.
- Responsible for Proposal Volumes. Clarify, edit, and refine first drafts of proposal content created by staff, Team-members, and SME’s.
- Work with the Capture Manager, PM’s and other colleagues to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, and acquisition timing.
- Interview SME's, PM's and other members in the proposal development process to create and edit new/old proposal content.
- Assists Proposal Managers & Coordinators in developing/executing proposal production schedules; develops graphic content for proposal efforts; works with company subject matter experts to identify and document win themes, solutions, and highlights that are relevant to proposals; and provides direct guidance to, and supervision of, team members assigned to write proposal content.
- Participate in bid team and stakeholder meetings as necessary.
- Provide strategic advice on overall proposal strategy based on proposal development experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to interact with Teammates and Customers in an effective manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to gain support and establish working relationships with managers, peers and staff
- Have strong critical thinking skills and sound judgment
- Have excellent communication, organizational, and writing skills; be able to provide succinct instructions in high-pressure situations, often under time constraints
- Be able to adjust to constantly changing priorities and demand
- Self-starter with curious mindset and desire to solve problems and learn new skill.
- A proven track record of success writing successful, competitive, high-value proposals.
- The ability to analyze large quantities of information from multiple sources and synthesize it to convey complex ideas clearly and concisely.
- Experience serving as a Proposal Manager/Lead or contributing to cost proposals is preferred, but not required.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of prior relevant experience in Defense Contracting
- Demonstrated experience proofreading, editing and writing technical documentation.
- Must have a strong capability for planning, organizing, and tracking assigned tasks.
Other benefits include:
Health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), vacation and holiday pay.
Huntsville, Alabama 35806
APPLY FOR JOB